Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm crazy brown, furry, animal... gimme some CANDY!


Something to note about me:  I either do things incredibly early... or never.  Case in point:  I bought Avery's 1st Christmas ornament in AUGUST, but waited around so long that the only Christmas decor that made it up in the house was our tree.  I can't remember when we actually put it up, but it was late enough that I didn't bother to put up any other decorations because I didn't want to repack them in a week.  

It should come as no surprise that I'm already freakin' out about halloween costumes.  The problem is, I live in Oklahoma.  You never know whether it's going to be 40 or 80 on Halloween until October 30, and even then, it's a crapshoot.   I thought surely that when I bought My little stinker's costume last year that it would be chilly enough to wear fleece.  I was sorely mistaken.  It was 80 last year, and poor A spent a sweaty half-hour at most in that costume.  She later ended up pantless, in a church, wearing a onesie with a devil on it, but that's a different post entirely. 

Not wanting to shell out much money for a costume that may or may not be worn, I've been browsing ebay.  There were plenty of costumes, from princesses to peacocks, and some for less than $10.  I came across a posting for a rare brown, furry animal costume.  I thought, "oh, come on now.... at least make a guess as to what it is. How can you not know what kind of animal a costume is?"  Short ears = bear,  long ears = dog,  no ears = gopher.  But DangIt, if it was a marketing ploy, it worked.  Putting "RARE" in the title with no accurate description of what kind of animal it may be sucked me in.  I had to see the costume.   What if it were a sasquatch costume?  Now, THAT would be rare, for sure. 

Well, there is no "head" to the costume.  I looked at the picture of the body and instinctively thought, Duh, that's a bear!  And then saw the picture of the back of the costume... A bear with a horse? tail?   What WAS that?  A horse, a bear, some mythical creature I don't even know about?     Maybe "furry, brown animal" wasn't such a bad description after all. 

What do YOU think that is?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have no idea what that is, nor would i pay 3.99 for it or whatever price it was! i still haven't bought P's either....i want him to be a scarecrow however i cant find one that i like!!!

Beth @ UnskinnyBoppy said...

Ok, you commented on my blog and now I'm reading yours and I cannot stop laughing!

You are cracking me up!

I have no idea what the heck that costume is supposed to be Apparently now it's Where the Wild Things Are?? I just wanted to say I appreciate this Adam Sandler skit reference. :)

I'd love it if you share this post over on Whippersnapper Wednesdays! This would be a perfect post to share! http://unskinnyboppy.blogspot.com/2009/10/week-two-whippersnapper-wednesdays.html

And... I'm adding you to my reader so I look forward to reading some more of your stuff!